TurnkeyLinux is an amazing system
TurnkeyLinux provides a great foundation for working in the cloud
Although we modify a few small parts of TurnkeyLinux, we have to say, it provides very nice platform to work from. You can learn alot by checking their website at: https://turnkeylinux.org
These are just a few of its great set of features:
- Integrated Backup and Migration through TKLBAM
- Flexible build installs to a variety of Servers, be yours baremetal, AWS or (if you work with us) Linode
- Consistent Administrative Interfaces for
- Shell: (both SSH and Webshell)
- Graphical Admin interface (Webmin),
- and Database access (Adminer)
- Automated Kernel updates
- Regular release upgrades
- SSL Encription out of the box
- Pre built and Easy to Use Web Servers using Apache, Nginx and others
- Easy to test and easy (through our Linode adaptation) to scale
- Turnkey Hub provides affordable and reliable storage for your backups, as well as easy cloud server installations which makes testing a breeze .
- We will say here that we find our methodology on Linode to be more flexible and easier to maintain -- that being said, we do run AWS based TurnkeyLinux Servers both for testing and for some development tasks.
To get started using TurnkeyLinux set yourself up with an account on their system. You will get access to their forums, and this can lead you towards setting up a Hub Account with them as well, which you should do, at least to host your backkups (do note that you can host your backups on your own media as well, it is just so very easy on the hub, so we recomend that).
Alternatively, you can work with us at Nomadic Inc. (Wildnet is a dba of Nomadic Inc). We can help you with setting up your systems, implementing systems and much more. Working with us, you will control your data and have the capability to use it however and where-ever you like. Please contact me from this link Contact Landis Arnold and we can discuss your needs in greater detail.
Working with us or not, TurnkeyLinux gives you a great platform to work from.
Posted in Turnkey Linux