MageBridge removed as well
Looking back at my notes, I started working with Magebridge (from Yireo) in at least 2013 and perhaps earlier.
It was a great idea fraught with difficulties. Its purpose was to bridge Magento into Joomla
Magebridge discontinued by Yireo a few years ago now, but on my side I just disabled it. Yireo discontinued because of the forthcoming Magento 2 and all the changes there. I am not convinced it could not have been brought forward, but I think the greater issue was the extreme complication the program was itself.
Today, I gave it one last try. Nope... no go. And now I am free.
Everything has been removed (uninstalled yes) including Compnents, Plugins, Packages, Libraries, Menu Items, Modules etc etc etc. As the attempt also disabled the Magento server I also have a full restore running there as well (to last night's state). I will likely kill the Magento server next. Also not worth the hassle.
The site is fast. I did resurrect for the time being Dynamic404 from Yireo (Yireo has gone away from all things Joomla). It seems to have some good rerouting and be able to redirect what it cannot find in the overt redirection tables (lets see how that goes).
This is not, of course, big news, but it is news about Old and New. I have long wanted everything to stay functioning, but sometimes we have to clear the decks... They are clear now and we won't try that again. (I log that I spent almost 4 hours on this attempt this morning).
And so it goes.
Posted in Joomla